Fluffy Almond Flour Pancakes that are gluten-free and easy-to-make! Perfect for the weekend mornings.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 and ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot flour for paleo
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Enough grass-fed gee or coconut oil for greasing the pan.
Optional add-ins (either or)
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients together and whisk until homogenized liquid forms. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- When ready, in a separate mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add the dry ingredients with the wet. Fold and mix to combine. Do not be afraid to over-mix, there is no gluten in here. Set the batter aside on the countertop for 10 minutes to rest. Resting the batter will ensure the pancakes are nice and fluffy.
- Finally, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. I find that almond flour pancakes do not thrive on high-heat. Once heated, dollop or spray grease of choice all over the pan. Next, add about 1/3 cup of batter ( I like to use my measuring cup for this part).
- Then, cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is nicely golden brown. Flip and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat the process until all pancakes have been made.
Serve with fresh blueberries on top and warm maple syrup.
If the pancakes are getting browner faster than the insides are cooked, the heat is too high.
If the pancakes are not fluffy and tender, chances are the batter didn’t rest long enough.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy almond flour pancakes recipe, Almond flour pancakes, how to make pancakes with almond flour