Creamy Zucchini Yogurt with sautéed zucchini, mint, and the perfect amount of garlic. Serve alongside any of your favorite Mediterranean meals.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, skin on (about one zucchini)
- 1 clove of garlic minced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp sea salt (divided)*
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 cup yogurt, whole milk
- A squeeze of lemon juice, optional
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, drizzle in the olive, add the zucchini, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper. Sautee until the zucchini has softened and has become translucent.
When ready, transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Next, add the yogurt, lemon juice (if using), and the other half of sea salt. Give a generous mix.
Enjoy right away.
Sea salt: half the sea salt will go in with the zucchini while sauteeing and the other half will be added after combining the zucchini and yogurt together.
How long does this zucchini yogurt last? Store in an air-tight container for up to three days.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American-Turkish
Keywords: zucchini yogurt, healthy yogurt dip, zucchini yogurt dip