Paleo, Secretly healthy, & Naturally Gluten-free.
These Cashew Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are made without processed sugar and flour. The coconut sugar adds a natural smokey flavor AND who doesn’t love dark chocolate chips? You are going to love these secretly healthy cookies.
The batter is thick and decadent. Placing the batter into the fridge for 10 minutes gives these cookies the best texture.
Dipping your fingertips into the water helps to form the cookies giving them their shapes. This recipe used mini chocolate chips. Feel free to use any size.Print
Makes 9 big cookies or 12 mini cookies
- 2 cups cashew flour (I used the brand Nature's Eats Cashew flour))
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar ((or vanilla extract))
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips + additional for decorating
- In a mixing bowl, add the cashew flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pink of salt and vanilla sugar (if. using) and whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut butter and coconut oil and place the bowl into a microwave cook for about 10 seconds, just enough to melt the coconut oil. When ready, stir to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil/coconut butter mixture to the dry ingredients along with 2 whisked eggs. Stir until everything is well-incorporated.
- Lastly, toss in the chocolate chips, mix to combine.
- Place the cookie dough into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to help firm up the dough.
- While the cookies are in the fridge, preheat the oven to 350°F .
- When ready dallop a tablespoon or so of the dough onto the baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press the dough with your fingertips to help create a cookie shape. Add additional dark chocolate chips to the top and repeat.
- Bake no longer than 10-12 minutes. Enjoy once the cookies have fully cooled otherwise, they may fall apart!
Note: If the dough is too sticky, wet your fingertips with water.
Make sure not to bake the cookies longer than 10-12 minutes.
- Category: Dessert