Creamy, rich, and decadent, Cilantro-Lime Cashew Cream! Use this velvety non-dairy cream sauce over tacos, tossed into gluten-free pastas, or to marinate meats.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or salt to taste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
For Hot Recipes:
- First, add one cup of unsalted, raw cashews to a high-speed blender like a Vitamix. Next, add one cup of boiling hot water. Set aside for 10 minutes. This step will help soften the cashews.
- When ready, add the spices, kosher salt, and cilantro to the blender—process on high until a thick and creamy green sauce forms. Enjoy.
For Cold Recipes:
- Soak the cashew in cold water overnight or for a minimum of five hours.
- When ready, add the spices, kosher salt, cilantro, zest, and juice of the lime to the blender—process on high until a thick and creamy green sauce forms. Enjoy.
- Category: sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cashew cream, cashew cream sauce, cilantro lime cashew cream