Rich and creamy Zucchini Hummus made with roasted veggies, tahini, and aromatic garlic. It’s dairy-free, keto-friendly, paleo, and whole30 approved.
- 2 large zucchinis, ends removed, peeled, and cut into fourths
- 1 large onion, skin removed, sliced in half
- 3 cloves of garlic, skin left on
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided*
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, about one lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- kosher salt
- Coarse black pepper
Preheat the oven to 424°F
- Add the zucchini, onion, and garlic cloves to a nonstick baking sheet. Pace each vegetable flat-side down. I like to avoid foil and parchment paper so that the bottoms will get nicely charred.
- Drizzle a tablespoon or so of olive oil on the zucchini, onion, and garlic. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Next, rub the oil and seasonings evenly around the veggies and garlic cloves. Any spots left empty will not caramelize and brown.
- Next, transfer the veggies to the oven and bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes or until the bottoms have browned nicely. Once roasted, set aside to cool.
- When ready, place the roasted zucchini, onion, and garlic in the blender. Then, add the cumin, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to your favorite serving bowl and enjoy right away.
Divided olive oil: you will add one tablespoon of olive oil to the veggies before baking and then the other two tablespoons will go into the blender.
If you wish to serve the hummus cold, simply add a couple of ice cubes in the blender while processing. This will make it cooler and fluffier.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Roasted and Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole30 hummus, keto hummus, zucchini hummus