Gluten-free. Flakey. Delicious
Your taste buds are in for a ride—this cod is doused with lemony juices, baked until fork tender and an absolute crowed-please. It’s the perfect fast food to feed a hungry family.Print
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- juice of one lemon (can substitute for lime)
- zest of one lemon (can substitute for lime)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- a handful of chopped cilantro (can use parsley)
- 1 chipotle in adobo, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 white fish ((this recipe uses cod))
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick circles
- 1 tomato, sliced into thick circles
- extra olive oil for drizzling the vegetables
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, chipotle pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix until a homologized mixture forms—set aside.
- In a baking dish, layer the tomatoes flat to cover the bottom–followed by the second layer of onions. Layer the fish over the onions and pour the remaining marinade all over the ingredients.
- Bake fish at 400°F FOR 10-15MINUTES.
- Enjoy while it's HOT!
Serve with quinoa, rice, a hunk if crusty bread or a healthy green salad.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Mexican