Delicious Gluten-free pasta salad with artichokes that is bursting with rainbow colors and tossed in a lemony herb dressing that can feed a crowed.
- 16 oz gluten-free pasta
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 2 cups cucumber, small dice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups, roughly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup, finely chopped purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp kosher salt to season the pasta water.
- For the dressing
- ½ cup EVOO
- ½ cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
Prepare the vegetables
- Chop, slice, and dice all the vegetables, herbs, and have them ready. Having all the ingredients prepared will make everything 10x easier. When ready, let’s cook the pasta next.
Cook the pasta
- Cook the gluten-free pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions (my pasta needed 4 quarts of water, a generous handful of salt, and cook time took approximately 10-12 minutes.)
- After the pasta has cooked in a well-seasoned pot of water, transfer the pasta into a colander, and gently run cold water over it to help stop the cooking process. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. While the pasta continues to cool, let’s make the dressing.
Make the dressing
- In a mixing bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro or parsley, salt and pepper, and whisk until a creamy homogenized dressing forms (set aside). Now let’s put it all together.
Put it all together
- Add all of the pre-chopped vegetables to the bowl with the cooled pasta. Add the dressing and toss until all of the ingredients are well- combined.
No cherry tomatoes? Use grape, heirloom, Roma or any sweet tomato you can find.
Which Cucumbers? Feel free to use seedless English cucumbers, seeded cucumbers, or Persian cucumbers.
This salad would also taste delicious with Bulgarian soft cheese or Greek dried cheese.
- Category: lunch
Keywords: glutenfree salads lunch