Gluten-free pumpkin muffins that are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and orange. They are dairy-free and perfect for a snack or quick breakfast.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, solid and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, from a can
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 orange, zest, and juice of (about 1 tsp of orange zest and 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour, I used King Arthur’s
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
Make the oat-crumb topping
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients. Mix with a fork or use your hand to incorporate. A clumpy texture is the result and should be able to press together when pressed between your fingers.
Make the muffins
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients, whisk until fully incorporated.
- Next, add all of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix and fold with a spatula. No need to worry about over-mixing. This recipe does not contain gluten. Set aside on the countertop (uncovered is ok) for 10 minutes.
- While the muffin batter is resting, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- When ready, place 6 muffin wrappers inside the muffin pan indentions. Fill until 3/4 full. Add the oat crumb on top. Fill any leftover indentions with water and place them into the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean ( you can also use a butterknife for this trick).
- Cool completely before enjoying.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin muffins with orange, gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe, healthy pumpkin banana muffins, healthy pumpkin oatmeal muffins,