Homemade Coconut Butter is easy-to-make and inexpensive. No more buying that over-priced raw coconut butter at the store again! You can now make your own for a fraction of the price. All you need is one ingredient and 10 minutes of your time.
What kind of coconut do I need to make homemade coconut butter?
I used unsweetened coconut chips from Trader Joe’s grocery store. You can use any unsweetened brand whether it is shredded thickly or finely, it really doesn’t matter.
What is the consistency of coconut butter?
After making fresh butter, you will see that it is so very creamy and absolutely aromatic. Finally, you can store your butter in your favorite container with a lid and there is no need to refrigerate.
Coconut Butter vs. Coconut Oil
Coconut butter is made from dried coconut flesh that’s been ground well into a spreadable paste. It still includes its natural oils and bits of gritty meat.
Coconut oil is extracted from the coconut flesh and is solid at room temperature. Once melted, it is a clear liquid that can withstand high heat in cooking.
Which one is better? Coconut butter is more nutritious than coconut oil. You can substitute coconut oil for coconut butter depending on the recipe as this will affect the texture.Print
No more buying that over-priced raw coconut butter at the store again! You can now make your own for a fraction of the price. All you need is one ingredient and 10 minutes of your time.
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
- Dump all of the coconut chips or coconut flakes into a food processor. Blend on high for about 10 minutes.
- Pause in between to scrape down the sides.
- When ready, transfer the fresh coconut butter into a jar with a lid and store it into your cabinet space for up to 6 months.
- When you first start to prosses the coconut, it will turn into grains, then after about 5-minutes, it will turn into wet grains. At first, you may think it’s not going to happen, but don’t give up!
- As the food processor continues to process, the processor will start to become warm. Make sure it doesnt get too hot. If it does, give your processor a break.
- However, its the warm heat from the processor that helps the oils to remove from the flesh of the coconut making it easier to blend and helps to get to the butter consistency.
- Cuisine: Keto
Keywords: keto butter vegan butter gluten free sugar free
Now, what to make with coconut butter? How about coconut butter cups?