This fantastic Mediterranean Lamb Stew Recipe is filled with tender chunks of boneless lamb, fire-roasted tomatoes, spices, and aromatic herbs like mint and parsley.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds grass-fed, boneless lamb stew meat
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped about 1 onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 (14.5 oz can) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth, about 32 oz or 1 pint
- ⅓ cup finely chopped mint
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley, about 1 parsley bunch
- In a pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, lamb, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until the meat has browned and caramelized.
- Next, lower the heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onions have softened. Then, add the cumin. Fry until aromatic, about 15 seconds.
- When ready, deglaze the pan with fire-roasted tomatoes and vegetable broth. Mix in the parsley and mint. Partially cover the pot with a lid. Bring to a boil. Once a boil is reached, lower to a gentle simmer and continue to cook for 60 minutes or until the lamb is fork-tender.
- Garnish with extra chopped mint, parsley, and a wedge of lemon.
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: European-American
Keywords: lamb stew recipe, lamb stew meat recipes, best lamb stew recipe, greek lamb stew recipe, easy lamb stew recipes