Mediterranean Buckwheat Stew is entirely gluten-free and can be made in less than 30- minutes. The sauce is aromatic with garlic and mint, and a hint of lemon gives this dish that perfect freshness.Print
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3–4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste ((sweet not spicy))
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cans white beans (( about 2 cups ))
- a couple of handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute until the onions have become a little brown around the edges and have softened.
- Next, add the dried mint and red pepper paste and cook for about 30 seconds or so. Just enough until you smell the aromatics of the dried mint.
- Add the tomato sauce and 12 oz of water. Stir in the white beans, and buckwheat groats and cook on medium-high heat for 20-minutes.
- After the stew has been simmering for 20-minutes, stir in the fresh spinach, and squeeze fresh lemon juice right into the pot. Enjoy right away.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Cuisine: Mediterranean