Before you begin to attemp this recipe know this: it takes a lot of arm work and patients, but you can totally do it!
Tips for Success:
• Make sure to put your glass, metal or copper bowl in the freezer for at least 30-minutes.
• If you have a metal whisk, put that in with the bowl.
• It helps to have ice and a Ziploc bag.
Looking for Caffeine-free Galgona? Try this recipe (video demonstration included):
If You Think You Have Failed Try This!
Put the mixture back into the freezer for 5-minutes or so and when ready, set the bowl with the mixture over the bag with ice and whisk your heart out! Like, get angry at it. Whisk.. Whisk…Whisk!!!
I believe in you!Print
Naturally-Sweetened Dalgona Coffee (Korean Coffee)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Drinks
- Cuisine: korean
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling hot water
- chocolate chip toppings (optional)
- OK, are you ready!?
- Place your bowl into the freezer for 30-minutes.
- Once chilled, grab the bowl and place it over a bag with lots of ice. I find that an ice pack does a better job because the ice tends to move around more.
- Add the coffee, boiling water, and maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- First, it will look like regular coffee.
- Second, it will start to look foamy.
- Third, it will start to look like froth.
- Now beat faster and harder!
- Like seriously, keep beating faster and faster, you can do it!
- If you are tired. Take a 1-minute rest. Place the bowl into the freezer.
- Once ready, take it out and beat it until a stiff peak.
- Enjoy over iced coconut milk or milk of choice by gently dolloping the whipped coffee over the chilled milk.
- Top with chocolate chips and enjoy right away!