- 4 cups cooked quinoa, that’s roughly 2 cups of quinoa + 2 cups water cooked in the instant pot for 10 minutes.
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red pepper paste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, juice of
- 1 cup onion, (about 1 small onion) finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup tomatoes, ( about 3–4 roma tomatoes) seeds and innards removed, small dice
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, ( about 3–4 persian cucumbers) small dice
- Add the cooked and cooled quinoa to a bowl, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the pomegranate molasses, tomato paste, red pepper paste, onion, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, onion, oregano, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix really well until a thick paste-like sauce forms.
- Next, add the paste/sauce to the quinoa and message generously with your hands or a spoon. I like to massage for 2-3 minutes just to make sure every grain is fully coated to its full potential.
- Then, add the parsley. Mix and combine.
- When ready to serve, add the chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. Give a gentle toss.
- Serve cold or keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve: with a slice of lemon and romaine lettuce leaves or alongside any meal.
How long does quinoa kisir salad last? store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Do you like spice? Add jalapeno or serrano at the same time you add the vegetables.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Handmade
- Cuisine: Turkish-American
Keywords: quinoa kisir salad, kisir salad recipe, quinoa salad, turkish kisir salad