Sautéed Brussel Sprouts Recipe with onion, garlic, parmesan, and crispy bits of turkey. The perfect side dish to any meal or at thanksgiving.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced turkey ( I used kosher grade smoked turkey deli slices)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt ( or salt to taste)
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper ( or pepper to taste)
- 1 lb. ( 16 oz) fresh brussel sprouts, washed and thin-sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese ( I used rennet-free)
- 1/4 cup pecans to garnish
- 1/4 cup thin-sliced almonds to garnish
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and diced turkey. Cook until the edges are nice and crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- When ready, remove the crispy turkey bits. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the same pan. Add salt and pepper and saute until the onions have softened.
- Next, add the thin-sliced brussel sprouts. Cook until softened, about 7-10 minutes. At the last minute, turn up the heat to crisp them on the bottom.
- Finally, once the bottoms are nice and browned, transfer to a serving bowl. Add the parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. Garnish with pecans and almonds.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American-Italian
Keywords: sauteed brussel sprouts recipe, sauteed brussel sprouts recipe s sauteed brussel sprouts with turkey, sauteed brussel sprouts with garlic