Soft and elegant Sweet Potato Breakfast Oat Cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
- 1 cup of sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy dark chocolate, chopped or dark chocolate chips
- Scoop out the cooked sweet potato. Discard the skin. Measure out one cup. Transfer the sweet potato to a food processor. Add the pure maple syrup down the pipe while it’s processing. The results should be a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- When ready, add the dry ingredients. Mix to combine and set aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Finally, scoop the cookie batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down with your fingertips to create a circular cookie shape. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying. Also, I like to use a flat spatial to slide under each cookie for an easy release from the baking sheet.
Are you vegan? Swap out the egg for 1/4 tsp vegan grade xanthan gum.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato cookies, sweet potato breakfast cookies, oatmeal sweet potato cookies