The secret to this Turkish-style Pumpkin Dessert is the method. The pumpkin is covered in sugar crystal and left in a container overnight.
The next morning, the pumpkin releases all its juices leaving a fragrant sugar syrup behind. Lastly, it is baked until fork-tender and topped with crunchy pecans.
What you will need:
› A baking dish
› 1 lbs of fresh pumpkin, cut into moon shapes
› 2 Cups of Sugar
› Any type of nut ( I used pecans 🙂 )
Different Toppings to Choose from:
› Shredded coconut
Are You Craving Something Cold and Yummy? Try These Frozen Yogurt Berry Bars.
Save This Recipe on Pinterest for Later!Print
- 1 fresh kabocha pumpkin, seeded, skin removed and sliced into moon shapes (( can use any other small pumpkin))
- 2 cups sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- After, removing the skin, seeds, and cutting the squash into moon shapes, place it into a baking dish.
- Completely cover the pumpkin with all the sugar and pinch of salt.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and store overnight on a countertop or inside a cupboard. No refrigeration is necessary.
- The next day, place the baking dish into a preheated oven set at 350 °F and bake for 1 hour. The pumpkin is ready when it can be pierced with a fork.
- Once cooled, serve with crushed nuts or coconut and an extra drizzle of the pumpkin syrup left behind.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Turkish