- 1.5 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 guajillo chilies
- 1 tbsp salt
- fresh cilantro
- lime or lemon
- sliced radish
- chopped onion
- Soak the guajillo chilies in about two cups of hot water. (this will rehydrate the chilies) about 30-minutes.
- By this time, the soaked chilies will be plump and the water should be nice and cool. Add the onion, garlic, the juice of a lime, and all of the spices into the blender and blend until a smooth and creamy sauce forms.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then transfer them into a Ziploc bag. Put that bag over a bowl just in case the bag leaks, you don't want the marinated chicken to leak in your refrigerator. (see video)
- Pour in the marinade along with the fresh pineapple, close the bag and set it in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When ready, transfer the marinated chicken to a baking sheet lined with. parchment paper and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F.
- While the chicken is baking, in a medium saucepan add the remaining marinade and cook for 10 minutes or so just until the sauce thickens (set aside).
- When the chicken is ready, transfer to a large mixing bowl, and shred the chicken using two forks. Once the chicken is shredded, add the remaining reduced marinaded back into the meat. Stir to combine.
- To serve, toast tortillas over a gas flame and top the tortilla with the al pastor chicken, cilantro, onion and radish (all taco toppers are optional).
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican