This Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is easy-to-make and all you need is a big bowl, a green ripe watermelon, fresh mint, and a few pantry items.
Watermelon is perfectly sweet and juicy, when combined with crumbly salty feta cheese, it takes something like a traditional summer salad to another experience.
What’s in a Watermelon Feta Salad?
Seedless Watermelon- the juicy fruit that will add sweetness and crispness. It’s the star of the show. Make sure to use freshly-cut watermelon and none of that pre-packaged sliced watermelon. That’s a no-no…
Feta Cheese– will add saltiness and texture. There are a few “feta kinds of cheese” in the market. You want to use a dried and salted greek-style cheese. Bulgarian soft cheese will not be suitable for this recipe.
Mint– is going to add bright notes and freshness to the salad, I mean, it is the only green in it!
Lemon-I add lemon to everything!
Pomegranate Molasses- it’s tangy, sweet, and unique. You can use aged balsamic if you are unable to find pomegranate molasses at your local market.
Olive Oil- will give the salad a bite and velvetiness. Make sure to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
At this instant, I like to drizzle the lemony mint dressing over the top and gently toss until each cube is fully coated before adding the feta cheese.
Other Delicious Recipes!Print
This Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is easy-to-make and all you need is a big bowl, watermelon, mint, and a few pantry items.
- 3 over-flown cups of seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup dry greek feta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add the watermelon and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, fresh mint, and a pinch of salt and whisk until a homogenized mixture forms.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and gently toss until the watermelon cubes are coated.
Sprinkle in feta cheese and additional pieces of mint.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Salads
Keywords: watermelon feta salad gluten-free