The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Undoubtedly, drinking a cold glass of dragonfruit refresher drink in this heat feels like the greatest luxury on earth. It’s clearly the prettiest drink ever. Furthermore, this drink is naturally sweetened, and the lemonade green tea gives the perfect amount of pucker.
This drink costs just $2.99 to make 2 servings. That’s less than $1.50 per serving!
This cold, refreshing, and naturally-sweetened pink dragonfruit refresher has the perfect amount of pucker.
Can you believe this gorgeous pink dragonfruit refresher only requires 4-ingredients? Well, it does. I am so overjoyed! I bet you’re wondering what’s all in there? More good news, you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
A Starbucks Dragonfruit Refresher is easy on the eyes but not the wallet! That’s why making this copycat recipe at home is a win-win. You can now enjoy your favorite drink at home for a fraction of the cost.
Ingredients and Cost:
RECIPE COST: $2.99
PER SERVING COST: $1.50
Pink dragonfruit — feel free to use fresh or frozen fruit. If you can’t find pink dragonfruit, you can also use the white-flesh varieties, also known as Pitaya Blanca. 3/4 cup for about $1.32.
Maple syrup — this ingredient is completely flexible. You can use honey, agave nectar, or brown rice syrup. All would work well in this recipe. 1/4 cup pure maple syrup for about $1.10.
Lemons — gives a bright and tangy flavor component. 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice for about $0.52.
A herbal or green tea bag — adds all of the benefits of green tea, and adds the perfect light floral taste we all love. 1 tea bag for about $0.05.
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
A simple recipe, right?!
Furthermore, after squeezing the lemons, strain the juice to get rid of the pulp. However, if you admire the consistency of pulp, leave it in.
Finally, assemble the drink for a nice presentation. First, put the dragon fruit on the bottom. Next, add ice all the way to the rim of the glass. Then, add the lemonade green tea.
Finally, top the glass with dragon fruit pieces. Because the color is so saturated, it will all eventually become one hot pink color. Yes, you can make this Starbucks dragonfruit drink in your kitchen.
- You can use herbal or green tea in this recipe.
- For the sweetener you can use maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar.
- You can use bottled lemon juice in a pinch.
- This recipe can be doubled or multiplied and served in a pitcher.
SERVE: You can keep the drink out for about two hours before it needs to be refrigerated.
STORE: Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Manual citrus press
- Liquid measuring cup
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
Eh, kind of. The natural sweetener and fruit helps make this a pretty healthy drink.
There is caffeine in this recipe. If you would like to have it without caffeine you will need to substitute something for the green tea. You can try using soda water or coconut water as some options. However, it will change the taste of the recipe when you do this.
The ingredients in my copycat Starbucks Dragonfruit refresher include fresh dragonfruit, ice, lemonade, green tea, and maple syrup. Combine it all for a refreshing summer pick-me-up!
Shall we make this epic Pink Dragonfruit Refresher with Lemonade Green Tea? We shall. Let’s get started.
More Drinks and Smoothies
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen pink dragonfruit mashed
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 cup of brewed green tea that has cooled
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Brew 1 cup of tea. Set aside to cool.
- Squeeze the lemons and strain to get rid of the pulp (getting rid of the pulp, optional). Set aside.
- Mash the pink dragonfruit with a fork until the desired consistency is met. If you don’t want it to be chunky, simply blend the fruit until it’s nice and creamy. Now we will put it all together.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, and cooled green tea together. Stir to combine. Now we will assemble the drink.
- On the bottom of the glass add the dragonfruit, followed by ice-filled to the rim, then the green tea lemonade. Finally, top the glass with more dragonfruit.
- Enjoy right away!