Warm your hands with this cozy apple cinnamon tea with ginger. Gala apples are simmered away and enhanced with cinnamon sticks and spicy ginger. Your whole house will smell like a fall-infused candle!
It costs less than a dollar per serving to make this tea. The recipe makes four servings for a total of $3.79 for the entire recipe.
If you have an abundance of apples right now, you may also enjoy these Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Maple Syrup.
What ingredients do you need to make apple cinnamon tea with ginger?
Can you believe you need less than 5 ingredients 👀?
Gala apples — these heart-shaped apples are sweet and crisp. If you cannot find Gala apples, you may use your favorite apple type.
Cinnamon sticks — I used Mexican cinnamon. Use what you can find, as long as it is NOT in powder form.
Ginger — will add health benefits such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, to name a few.
Pure maple syrup — will add the perfect natural sweetness. This ingredient is optional.
I am sipping some of this delicious apple cinnamon spice tea as I write this blog post. The whole house is SO cozy and smells fantastic!
There is something so comforting and soothing about a warm glass of tea. This recipe is rich in all the classic fall flavors. The sweet apples with the cinnamon and ginger spices give you precisely what Fall should taste like in a cup.
With only five ingredients and ten minutes of prep time, this tea is simple to make and way better than store-bought. Cozy up with this Apple Tea on a cool, crisp night.
Ingredients and Cost
- 2 gala apples – $1.46
- 5-7 ginger pieces – $0.99
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks – $0.68
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup – $0.66
- 4 ½ cups water – $0.00
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, place all of the ingredients into a large pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat for one hour.
- Next, strain the liquid through a strainer or mesh cloth.
- Finally, transfer the tea to a kettle or ladle it directly into a teacup.
- During the holidays instead of water I add orange juice and add a few whole cloves.
- This recipe doubles and triples nicely. Just make sure you use a big enough pot!
- You can cook this reicpe in the slow cooker on LOW heat for 2-3 hours or HIGH for 1-2 hours.
Apple Cinnamon Tea has multiple health benefits, so drink up! Apples are a good source of Vitamin C, while cinnamon is high in antioxidants. We drink it when nursing a sore throat. The tea may also help improve blood sugar levels.
This recipe has 86 calories in 1 cup of tea.
More Drinks and Smoothies
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 2 gala apples thinly sliced
- 5-7 thinly sliced ginger pieces
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 ½ cups water
- Add all of the ingredients into a large pot.
- Turn the stove to medium-low heat. Place the lid over the pot partially covered. Cook for one hour.
- When ready, place a super-fine strainer or mesh cloth over another pot and directly strain to discard the apples and spices.
- Transfer the filtered tea to a kettle or ladle the tea right into the teacup.
- Serve with a thin-sliced apple and cinnamon stick.