This perfectly seasoned Greek Chicken is lemony, garlicky, and altogether fuss-free! You are going to love how easy it is to make.♡
For $1.08 per serving, you can make Greek Lemon Chicken. It makes 4 servings for a total of $4.34.
This Greek chicken is a new family favorite. I mean, WOW! It’s ridic-u-lousy delicious!
This Greek Chicken is great because it can be enjoyed all year long. It is great in the winter to get you through those winter blues. And it is a fabulous option in the summer for a light, refreshing meal.
The marinade is versatile. You can add cayenne pepper for heat, or if you don’t have parsley, feel free to swap for cilantro.
Ingredients and Cost
RECIPE COST: $4.34
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.08
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon – $0.48
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil – $0.32
- 3 garlic cloves – $0.15
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – $0.05
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – $0.43
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon + pinch of sea salt – $0.02
- 1 pound of thin-sliced chicken breast – $1.99
- ¼ cup feta cheese – $0.66
- ¼ cup fresh parsley – $0.22
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
Greek Chicken Ingredients
|Olive Oil||Use nice, high-quality olive oil—as it will aid in adding a nice olive taste and buttery texture.|
|Zest and Juice of One Lemon||Both will add a nice bright and tangy flavor.|
|Garlic||Either fresh garlic or dried garlic will work just fine in this recipe.|
|Herbs and Spices||Like oregano, parsley, smoked paprika, sea salt, and coarse black pepper.|
|Chicken||You will need one pound of thin-sliced chicken breast fillets.|
|Feta Cheese||Is the backbone and is giving this dish its Greek flare. Look for dry, crumbly feta, none of the creamy stuff.|
I find that marinating the chicken for at least thirty minutes deepens the citrus flavor.
- First, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and all of the spices. Set aside ¼ cup of the marinade.
- Next, add the chicken to the remaining marinade. Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge.
- Sear the chicken in a skillet.
- Finally, transfer the chicken to a serving plate and drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle the top with fresh chopped parsley and feta cheese.
Here are some ideas on how you can cook this Greek Chicken.
- Throw it on the barbecue.
- Pan-fry it.
- Bake it.
- Put it in the Instant Pot ( keep in mind to sear both sides golden brown before pressure cooking it).
I decided to pan-fry it, and it was perfect.
SERVE: You can keep the chicken out for about two hours before it needs to be stored and refrigerated.
STORE: Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Once the chicken is cooled, place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 months.
There are so many ways one could enjoy this epic Greek Chicken.
Over a bed of salad.
After building a cold crisp salad with romaine lettuce, thin-sliced red onion, and juicy tomatoes, I topped the salad with the chicken. Keep the chicken whole, cut it into thin fajita-style strips, or dice it into bite-size pieces.
Alongside buttery rice or quinoa.
Keep whole and serve right along a hot and cozy corner of buttery rice or quinoa. Don’t forget a nice yogurt side dish to accompany the rice.
Marinate the chicken for thirty minutes. This is just enough time for the marinade to soak into the chicken and seal it in when you sear it. You don’t want to marinate it longer than sixty minutes.
Lemon helps to tenderize the meat, which makes it a great option for marinades. That’s why you don’t want the chicken to sit in this marinade for longer than sixty minutes.
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
Perfectly seasoned Greek Chicken with lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, and feta. You are going to love how easy it is to make.
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced, or 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp + a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 pound of thin-sliced chicken breast
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Additional wedges of lemon
In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, and all of the spices. Give a mix until well-combines and emulsified. Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for later.
Then, add the chicken to the remaining marinade. Toss with tongs to ensure each cutlet is fully coated. Cover with saran wrap and place into the fridge for thirty minutes.
When ready, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, drizzle in olive oil and place the chicken into the pan. Sear until the bottom is nicely golden brown. Once achieved, flip the chicken and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until white in the middle and juices run clear once cut into it.
Finally, transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle the top with fresh chopped parsley and feta cheese.
Serve and enjoy.