The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Creamy Crimini Chicken with Kale. Delectable succulent pieces of chicken breast, mushrooms, and tender kale submerged in a creamy comforting non-dairy cream sauce. It’s what’s for dinner tonight!
It’s September and the twins are officially doing their online schooling. They are officially in kindergarten.
They were doing jumping jacks for P.E. and brought their teddy bears to the first day of class. What a cute grade to be in.
Ok, back to the recipe.
Essential Ingredients for Creamy Crimini Chicken with Kale:
Chicken breast — cooks faster and is leaner. I like to butterfly each breast completely open and separate the two into thinner pieces. I used halal chicken.
Tuscan kale — also known as Lacinato kale, is tender in texture, and darker in color. I would not use any other kale.
Non-dairy milk — feel free to use any non-flavored, unsweetened milk of choice. Sometimes, I use coconut milk, other times I may use almond milk.
Onion — I prefer red onions because they are more pungent, spicier, and I love their purple color.
Crimini Mushrooms — also known as Baby Bella will add more flavor and meatiness to the dish.
Spices — such as chili powder, dried basil, and garlic powder.
Simply sprinkle in the chili powder, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil— toss and let it marinate for 30- minutes or so.
Ta’da, you have yourself a simple yet flavorful chicken marinade.
This Creamy Crimini Chicken with Kale is :
- Creamy and dreamy
- Made with wholesome ingredients
- Makes the best-ever leftovers
Serve this epic dinner over a bead of hot buttery rice, fluffy quinoa, with rustic bread, or as I did —on its own with quick-pickled cilantro-lime red onions and a spritz of lemon juice. So yummy!
More Non-dairy Deliciousness!
- Nourishing Herby Farro Soup with Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Turkish White Bean Stew | Kuru Fasulye
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Cooked in Creamy Coconut Milk
Let’s make epic Creamy Crimini Tuscan Chicken with Kale !
- 1.5 lb. chicken breast butterflied open and separated
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms about 8 medium-size, stems removed, thin-sliced
- 2 cups fresh chopped Tuscan kale packed
- 1 medium red onion small dice
- 2 cups non-dairy unsweetened milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch arrowroot flour, or gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided ( see notes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt + plus more when necessary
- Black Pepper to taste
Marinate the chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, basil, 1 tbsp olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix with tongs to fully incorporate the seasonings all over the chicken.
- When ready, cover the bowl with a lid or saran wrap and place the seasoned chicken in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 400 °F.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add an additional tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Place each chicken cutlet flat side down. Cook until the bottom is nicely golden brown. Flip and cook just until the other side browns. Remove the browned chicken and transfer it to a plate. The chicken is not fully cooked at this time.
- Next, add the diced red onions, mushrooms, a pinch of salt, and cracked black pepper to the same pan the chicken was cooked in. Saute until the onions and the mushrooms have softened.
- Next, add the corn starch (or starch of choice) and cook for 30 seconds or so just until the starch is well mixed in and disintegrates. Add the non-dairy milk and cook until the sauce slightly thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Finally, add the chopped Tuscan kale. Toss with tongs to combine. Place the chicken on top. Do not mix in. Transfer to a preheated oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes uncovered.
- When ready, remove the skillet from the oven with oven-safe mittens.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over a bed of pasta, buttery rice, rustic bread, fluffy quinoa, or on its own.
- Enjoy while it’s hot!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Leave A Reply!