The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Finger-licking, lip-smacking, best ever harissa chicken wings! Hot Red pepper paste seasoned with garlic, fennel, cumin, mint, and much, much more! Boy’ I’m Yelling a lot in this post :).
If you don’t already know, I follow a religious rule. Eat halal and only halal. Well, that means I cant have Wing Stop or Buffalo Wild Wings. My heart aches. That’s ok because I made these Harissa wings and it was a treat!
On another note, I am the tannest I have ever been since I was a teenager, you guys. The only way I have been able to survive this pandemic is by taking the kiddos to the pool. I have yet to put on makeup, eek! Moving on.
Tips for making the best ever harissa chicken wings
Firstly, start with an out-of-this-world paste/sauce. I like to mix all of the spices with the red pepper paste for 2-3 minutes. This really punctures the ingredients—making them work harder.
Secondly, dry the wings well. Use paper towels or a clean cloth towel. Whatever ya got! When you dry them well, the wings will be super crispy.
Finally, Spread the wings out. They should not be touching one another. Each wing should be about 1/2 inch apart. This will promise crispiness all around.
More Delicious Recipes You May Like
Spicy Buckwheat Salad with Roasted Corn
Marinated tomatoes over Seasoned Greek Yogurt
6-Ingredient Ditalini with Peas and Parmesan (Pasta e Piselli)
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 1.5 lb wings
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp fennel powder
- Generous pinch of salt depending on how salty the pepper paste is
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash the wings well with cold water. Dry each wing with a paper towel. This will ensure each wing will get nice and crispy. Now let’s make the harissa paste.
- In a mixing bowl (preferably large because you will add the wings to it as well), add the hot pepper paste, olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, mint, oregano, paprika, fennel powder, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well until a thick paste/sauce forms. It’s ok to dip your fingers into the paste to taste for salt. It should be pungent. Let’s add the paste to the wings.
- Add the wings to the paste. Massage for 2-3 minutes. Get your hands messy. Cover the bowl with a lid or saran wrap. Place it into the fridge for two hours or for up to 24 hours.
- When ready, transfer the wings to a nonstick baking sheet or line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place each wing about ½ inch apart. If you place them too close, they will steam and not be crispy.
- Transfer to a preheated oven set at 400°f and bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°f. (see notes)
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and with company.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Comments & Reviews
I am crazy for wings and try your recipe soon. Thank you.