The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables is an effortless meal made with tender pieces of squash, petite peas, roasted red onions, and perfectly seasoned all-white meat chicken breasts.
This recipe costs approximately $8.95 to make. The recipe makes four servings for about $2.24 per serving.
This Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables is perfect because
- You can pack it for Lunch
- Make it for Dinner
- Make it ahead
- It’s non-dairy & gluten-free
- Clean-up is a breeze
Besides the benefits, this recipe is forgiving, and you can swap out the peas or squash for other veggies you like.
Cooking meals on a sheet pan is ideal! It is simple to make, and the clean-up is even easier! This protein-packed meal is full of veggies and juicy bites of chicken covered in a flavorful marinade.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast – $4.97
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil – $0.22
- ½ teaspoon dried mint – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – $0.12
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt – $0.02
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper – $0.01
- 1 Tablespoon Turkish red pepper paste – $0.30
- 2 Tablespoons water – $0.00
- 3 Roma tomatoes – $0.78
- 2 yellow squash – $1.60
- 1 cup frozen petite peas – $0.86
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the prices for this recipe in December 2022.
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- First, whisk together the olive oil, red pepper paste, spices, and water using a large mixing bowl.
- Then, add the chicken and cover the pieces completely with the marinade. Let the chicken sit for ten minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and brush olive oil over a sheet pan.
- Next, spread the veggies over the baking sheet and season them with some salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the baking sheet and bake them for thirty minutes.
- Then change the oven to low broil and cook the chicken and veggies for five minutes.
- Finally, squeeze lemon juice over the pan before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Swap out the peas or squash for other vegetables of your choosing.
Serve: Serve this hearty dinner over fluffy quinoa, buttery rice, or a salad. You can keep the chicken and veggies out for no longer than two hours before they need to be covered and stored.
Store: Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freeze: Once some of the veggies like the squash and peas are cooked, they do not freeze, thaw, and reheat well. Therefore, I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Can you cook raw chicken and vegetables in the same pan?
Yes, as long as everything in the sheet pan is fully cooked. This recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If you use chicken thighs, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
How do I prevent the chicken and vegetables from sticking to the sheet pan?
Use parchment paper or if using a nonstick sheet pan, brush olive oil all over the bottom of the pan before adding the chicken and vegetables. This will ensure nothing will stick to the pan.
What temperature do you cook a sheet pan meal at?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. It should take about thirty minutes to cook. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
More Chicken and Poultry Recipes
- Easy Baked Chicken and Zucchini Recipe
- Ginger Chicken Skewers
- Pollo Asado
- Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Greek Chicken with Lemon and Feta
- Amazing Baked Harissa Chicken Wings
- Best Nourishing Chicken Soup with quinoa
Are you a new home cook? Check out 30 Terms Every Home Cook Should Learn!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast about 3 small or 2 large, butterflied open and separated
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for the sheet pan
- ½ tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp Turkish red pepper paste leveled off
- 2 tbsp water
For the vegetables
- 3 Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 2 yellow squash cut into roundels
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- Optional: 1 lemon to squeeze all over the sheet pan once roasted
Make the marinade
- In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, red pepper paste, all the spices, and water. Mix with a whisk to help incorporate the ingredients, creating a thick marinade.
- Next, add the butterflied, and separated chicken in with the marinade. Toss to fully coat each one. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Prepare to Bake
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the sheet pan and paint all over with a brush or paper towel.
- Next, put all of the veggies on top of the pan and spread them out. Season the veggies with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Give a toss to season all sides. Ensure that the veggies are still spread out.
- When ready, place the chicken in with the vegetable and place the pan into the pre-heated oven set at 400 °F and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F. Now set the oven to low broil for 5 additional minutes. This will help create nice brown edges, around the veggies and chicken.
- Finally, once fully cooked, and while still hot, grab half a lemon and squeeze lemon juice all over the pan. This is optional, but I highly recommend it.