The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Easy 6-Ingredient Almond Joy Chia Pudding is dairy-free, requires no baking and is the perfect healthy dessert or snack.
It costs about $6.72 to make four servings of this chia pudding. The cost per serving is just $1.68.
If you love Chia Pudding as much as I do, I highly recommend trying my Cinnamon Plum Chia Pudding in addition to this Almond Joy Chia Pudding.
You are going to love these chewy chia seeds submerged in chocolatey, coconutty goodness. Let’s not forget those crunchy slivered almonds! This pudding takes the classic flavors of a favorite candy bar, Almond Joy, without the sugars and carbs!
The recipe uses chia seeds, chocolate, slivered almonds, and coconut milk to create this extremely satisfying bowl of goodness. Almond Joy Chia Pudding is perfect for curbing the afternoon snacking dilemma, breakfast on the go, or dessert after dinner.
What ingredients go in this easy almond joy chia pudding?
Chia seeds–not only are chia seeds good for you, but they will also play as the coagulator, or in other words, they will help make the dessert pudding-like.
Coconut milk–will add creaminess and coconut flavor.
Maple syrup–adds natural sweetness.
Cocoa powder–make the pudding its chocolate flavor.
Mini Chocolate chips–because why not!?
Slivered almonds– gives the perfect amount of crunch, that’s not too hard.
Usually, I would make a list of substitutions or additions, but there are none. Seriously, changing ingredients like oat milk for coconut milk will alter the taste– creating something entirely different.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS AND COST
RECIPE COST: $6.72
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.68
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk – $1.55
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds – $1.56
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips – $2.20
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup – $0.84
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds – $0.37
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder – $0.20
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND JOY CHIA PUDDING
- First, stir together the coconut milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Then, using another mixing bowl, add half of the coconut milk chia mixture. Sift in the cocoa powder and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use saran wrap to cover both bowls and set them in the fridge to chill for at least six hours.
- Next, layer a 4 oz serving glass with the coconut chia pudding followed by the chocolate chia pudding until you reach the middle of the glass.
- At the middle of the glass, add slivered almonds and chocolate chips. Layer and repeat until all of the ingredients have finished.
- Finally, garnish the top of the pudding with more slivered almonds and chocolate chips before serving.
Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this pudding out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Freeze: Chia pudding does not freeze and defrost well. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
You definitely want chia seeds in your diet. I say this because not only do they offer many benefits like fiber, plant protein, and calcium, to name a few, but they do so with few calories. Healthy + thin, alright, that’s what I’m talking about!
Are you looking for more chia seed recipes? Try my Greek Yogurt Chia Parfait with Strawberry Applesauce. It’s perfectly sweet and a quick breakfast to meal-prep.
Chia seeds themselves have no flavor. They will pretty much taste like whatever liquid you decide to soak them in. In this case, some layers will taste like coconut, and the other will taste chocolatey.
Chia pudding is healthy! Chia seeds are rich in vitamins and high in fiber. It keeps you full and satisfied much longer than a bowl of cereal or another snack will.
MORE HEALTHY DESSERTS
- Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Cake Balls
- Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Plum Galette
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips (mini preferred + more for garnish)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- In a mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Stir all the ingredients until well-combined, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add half of the coconut milk chia mixture. Sift in the coco powder, add the chocolate chips, and mix well until all the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Cover both bowls with ceramic wrap or a lid and place into the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or until both liquids become pudding-like. When ready, let’s put it all together.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In your favorite 4 oz serving glass, first layer the bottom with the coconut chia pudding. Next, layer the chocolate chia pudding until you reach the middle of the glass.
- When you reach the middle of the glass, add slivered almonds and chocolate chips. Layer and repeat until all of your ingredients have finished.
- Garnish the top of the pudding with more slivered almonds and more mini chocolate chips.
- Enjoy immediately or make them ahead and store them in the fridge for up to three days.
- I used coconut milk from Aldi.
- Add shredded fresh or dried coconut for more coconut flavor.
- If you are feeding a crowd, make sure to double or triple the amount accordingly.
- Chia seeds didn’t thicken? Add more chia seeds and allow them to sit for an hour or until desired consistency is met.