You are going to love this Greek Yogurt parfait that is layered with smooth strawberry applesauce and chewy chia seeds. There is no baking, cooking, or waiting overnight. You can enjoy this recipe in as little as 10-minutes or less!
This parfait is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. You can easily substitute maple syrup for agave nectar, honey, or any sugar-free substitute. If you don’t have a real sweet tooth, you can leave totally leave the sweeter out.
I personally prefer full-fat Greek yogurt, however, feel free to use what you already have on hand.
I think full-fat yogurts give the most creamy texture. My tongue rejects 0% fat yogurt. It doesn’t really give off that luxurious feel in my mouth, so I tend to stay away.
What’s inside the parfait?
Greek Yogurt- will give a slightly sweetened thick creamy layer and will contain all the chewy little chia seeds.
Chia Seeds- help this parfait that extra hint of nutrition. Chia seeds contain antioxidants, and fiber just to name a few benefits.
Maple syrup-will add natural sweetness.
Applesauce- gives this recipe the smooth fruit center.
Strawberries- is the star of the recipe and helps to provide additional summer flavor and aromatic experience.
You may also like:
- 1 ½ cups full-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup full of strawberries sliced in half heaping cup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
MAKE THE CHIA YOGURT
- In a bowl, add the greek yogurt, maple syrup, and chia seeds, mix well to combine. While the chia seeds are doing their thing, let’s make the strawberry applesauce.
MAKE THE STRAWBERRY APPLE SAUCE
- Dump the strawberries and applesauce into a food processor. Process on high until a red applesauce mixture forms. Let’s put it all together.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- First, layer the bottom of your favorite dish with the chia yogurt spreading the bottom layer evenly.
- Second, dollop a generous amount of the strawberry apple sauce over the chia yogurt and repeat until you have used up all the chia yogurt and strawberry apple sauce.
- Last, get creative, make the layers thick or thin. Add additional fruit to the top or even a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Enjoy right away or store it in the fridge for a delicious breakfast for up to 3 days.