The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These 3-Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are easy to make, and the cups are made with fresh coconut butter.
It costs about $2.75 to make eight servings of this recipe. That is just $0.34 per serving.
Coconut Butter Cups
My absolute favorite candy bar of choice is the Almond Joy candy bar, with or without almonds. Anything coconutty I’m probably going to enjoy. Coconuts are a little obsession of mine.
I like to snack on these coconut butter cups throughout the week when I need my afternoon chocolate fix. With only three ingredients and a few minutes, you too can enjoy these treats in no time!
Ingredients You Will Need
Coconut Butter– is the center and star of this recipe. It’s a soft center that not only has the texture we need but creaminess as well. There is no substitution.
Chocolate– is going to be the backbone holding everything together. It will be at the bottom of the cup and the top.
Maple Syrup– will be the natural sweetener that is smooth and adds sweetness without additional graininess. Feel free to omit this ingredient entirely.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
Feel free to use your favorite chocolate chunks or chips. I prefer low-sugar dark chocolate. To melt the chocolate, add it to a microwave-safe container and melt on high for about 2 minutes.
Do not pause in-between the melting process to stir the chocolate. Instead, cook it all the way through for the full two minutes. When ready, allow the chocolate to stand outside the microwave for 30 seconds before stirring. Know that stirring the chocolate too early cools it down and can turn a perfectly nice melty chocolate into a ratchet mess.
Ingredients and Cost
RECIPE COST: $2.75
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.34
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips – $1.67
- ⅓ cup coconut butter – $0.80
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup – $0.28
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, melt one cup of chocolate in the microwave. Then add one tablespoon of the melted chocolate to the bottom of the mini cupcake wrappers.
- Next, mix together the coconut butter and maple syrup.
- Layer the coconut mixture over the chocolate inside the mini cupcake wrappers.
- Add another tablespoon of melted chocolate over the coconut layer. Repeat the steps until you have no more chocolate or coconut mixture.
- Top the cups with shredded coconut.
- Finally, place the cups in the fridge to chill for up to two hours before serving.
To create that signature chocolate cup look, you will need mini cupcake wrappers.
- Instead of coconut butter you can use any kind of heathy butter of your choosing. Just make sure it doens’t have any added refied sugar.
- Instead of maple syrup you can use agave nectar.
STORE: Keep them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 10-14 days.
FREEZE: Place the coconut butter cups in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 months.
THAW: Thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating.
Coconut butter tips for success.
If you’ve ever made fresh coconut butter, you will know that it is creamy and liquidy in the beginning. However, after it stands at room temperature for about a day, it will eventually look like a solid white jar of coconut oil.
To make the gooey center of the cups, scrape out the coconut butter and transfer it to an oven-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Just enough the melt it. This will help the filling to be a bit more pliable.
More Healthy Desserts
- Chocolate Truffles with Coconut and Pecans
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Plum Chia Pudding
- Plum Galette
- Banana Nut Bread
- Almond Joy Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Let’s make decadent treats!
- 1 cup Vegan dark chocolate chunks or chips
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut flakes for decorating optional
- Heat 1 cup of chocolate in the microwave.
- When ready, add a tablespoon or so of the melted chocolate to the bottom of the mini cupcake wrappers.
- To Make the coconut center, simply add maple syrup to the coconut butter and mix until well-combined.
- Spoon a layer of the coconut mixture over the chocolate.
- Add another tablespoon or so of chocolate over the coconut layer.
- Repeat until you have run out of chocolate and coconut filling.
- Top the cups with shredded coconut.
- When ready, place the cups into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours just until they have set.
- Enjoy with company!
- Make it sugar-free –simply omit the maple syrup and use sugar-free chocolate.
- Make it dairy-Free – use dairy-free chocolate chips.