Dairy-Free. Naturally-Vegan. Only 3-Ingredients.
These 3-Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are easy-to-make and no baking required! They are fun-to-eat, made with fresh coconut butter, kids love them, and who doesn’t love chocolate?
My absolute favorite candy bar of choice is the Almond Joy candy bars, with or without almonds. Actually, anything coconutty I’m probably going to enjoy. Coconuts are a little obsession of mine.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
Do not pause in-between the melting process to stir the chocolate. Cook it all the way through for the full two minutes. When ready, allow the chocolate to stand outside of the microwave for 30 seconds before stirring. Know that stirring the chocolate too early cools it down and can turn a perfectly nice melty chocolate into a ratchet mess.
Latest Recipe Video
To create that signature chocolate cup look, you will need mini cupcake wrappers.
Coconut butter tips for success.
If you’ve ever made fresh coconut butter, you will know that in the beginning, it is creamy and liquidy. However, after it stands at room temperature for about a day or so, it will eventually look like a white solid jar of coconut oil.
To make the gooey center of the cups, simply scrape out the coconut butter and transfer it to an oven-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Just enough the melt it. This will help the filling to be a bit more pliable.
Ingredients You Will Need:
Coconut Butter– is the center and star of this recipe. It’s a soft center that not only has the texture we need but creaminess as well. There is no substitution.
Chocolate– is going to be the backbone holding everything together. It will be at the bottom of the cup and the top.
Maple Syrup– will be the natural sweetener that is smooth and adds sweetness without additional graininess. Feel free to omit this ingredient entirely.
Let’s make decadent treats!Print
These Decadent Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are easy-to-make and no baking required! They are fun to eat, made with fresh coconut butter, kids love them, and who doesn’t love chocolate?
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut flakes for decorating (optional)
- Heat 1 cup of chocolate in the microwave.
- When ready, add a tablespoon or so of the melted chocolate to the bottom of the mini cupcake wrappers.
- To Make the coconut center, simply add maple syrup to the coconut butter and mix until well-combined.
- Spoon a layer of the coconut mixture over the chocolate.
- Add another tablespoon or so of chocolate over the coconut layer.
- Repeat until you have run out of chocolate and coconut filling.
- Top the cups with shredded coconut.
- When ready, place the cups into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours just until they have set.
- Enjoy with company!
Make it sugar-free –simply omit the maple syrup and use sugar-free chocolate.
Make it dairy-Free – use dairy-free chocolate chips.
Keywords: gluten free chocolate vegan naturally sweetened