The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This naturally-sweetened Date Shake is creamy and dreamy and only requires four ingredients: dates, bananas, almond milk, and hemp seeds.
It costs approximately $3.64 to make this banana date shake. The recipe serves two for about $1.82 per serving.
Try making these Yogurt Muffins with Rosemary to enjoy alongside this Banana Date Shake.
This Banana Date Shake is the perfect breakfast on the go or post-workout snack. The shake takes minutes to make and is sweet and filling. Not to mention, healthy! It is the best of both worlds.
Table of Contents
The ingredients you will need:
Banana– it’s going to give this shake its creamy and smooth texture. Try to use a speckled ripe banana for the sweetest date shake.
Dates- this oval fruit is not only going to add additional sweetness, but it’s also going to add natural fiber, vitamins, and protein.
Almond milk- will be the base of this shake. However, feel free to use your favorite milk.
Setting some of the “shake” aside for dipping the rim of the glass right before encrusting it in hemp seeds will surely take your drinking experience to another level.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost:
- 2 cups almond milk – $0.64
- 3 pitted Medjool dates – $2.31
- 1 banana – $0.25
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds – $0.44
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the prices for this recipe in January 2023.
How To Make a Date Shake
- First, blend all ingredients until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Coat the rims of the glasses in hemp seeds (optional) before pouring the shake into the glasses.
- Serve and enjoy!
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Serve: You can keep the shake out for about 60 minutes before it needs to be refrigerated.
Store: Place leftovers in the refrigerator and store for up to 24 hours. Give the shake a quick stir before serving.
Freeze: Pour the shake into an ice cube tray. Freeze and then transfer to a freezer-safe zipper-top bag. You can freeze for 9-10 months.
Defrost: Defrost cubes in a glass overnight in the refrigerator.
All dates are delicious. Though when traveling through the grocery store, there are usually a few brands of dates and types to choose from.
Whichever one you choose, make sure the dates are smooth, plump, and have shiny skin. Avoid those that are too shriveled and contain sugar crystals on the skin. This is a clear sign of old dates.
Yes! This milkshake is a fabulous healthy option. Both dates and vitamins are full of nutrients and vitamins. There is no added sugar in this recipe, as the natural sweetness comes from the dates.
If you have never had bananas and dates together, now is the time! The two work together to create a delicious drink that seems like a dessert.
More Drinks and Smoothies
- Apple Cinnamon Tea with Ginger
- Copycat Pink Dragonfruit Refresher Drink
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 banana
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
OPTIONAL FOR THE RIM OF THE GLASS
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds optional
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high (for a minute or so) until the ingredients turn into a smooth and silky shake.
- Optional, but I highly recommend it. Grab two small bowls. In one bowl, pour about ¼ cup of the shake; in the other bowl, add hemp seeds. Dip the rim of the glass right into the shake–coating the rim, then dip it into the hemp seeds until the rim is fully encrusted.
- Enjoy right away!