These chicken shawarma collard wraps are amazing! Healthy collard greens nestled around cold crisp veggies, warm middle-eastern spiced all-white-meat chicken, and tahini yogurt dill sauce. Also, It’s the perfect healthy alternative to pita bread, plus you get a nice healthy serving of greens. Yay!🎉
Moreover, the yogurt dill sauce is filled with recognizable ingredients you can find at your local market. There’s tahini, citrus, yogurt, dill, and some spices.
How to make the yogurt dill sauce?
- Firstly, add the chopped dill, spices, yogurt, tahini, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir vigorously until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Secondly, Transfer the sauce into a container with a lid.
- Finally, enjoy the yogurt dill sauce with your wrap immediately.
How do you make collard greens more pliable to roll?
Collards are a rather stiff leafy green. With that in mind, before building your wrap, remove the stem with a sharp knife and blanch each collard in simmering hot water. Finally, cook for 1-2 minutes or until it becomes flexible. Get rid of any excess water. Now you are ready to go!
Furthermore, follow along each image to make these epic chicken shawarma collard wraps.
How to build the best chicken shawarma collard wraps
After you’ve blanched the collard leave for a few minutes, dry well, and lay it flat. Smear the yogurt dill sauce to the middle.
Add some shawarma seasoned chicken.
Then add small-diced cucumbers, skin and seeds removed.
Toss on some diced tomatoes.
Add thinly-sliced crunchy purple cabbage.
Sprinkle on thinly-sliced onions.
Finally, add arugula (optional) and another drizzle of that delicious yogurt dill sauce.
Without a doubt, you want to roll it up like a burrito, then slice it down the middle. Enjoy!
I like my wraps juicy. How do you like yours?
Though there is still plenty of yogurt dill sauce within the wrap, I still find myself dipping it into more.
Here are more Mediterranean recipe you may like
- The Best Lahmacun You can Make at Home
- Smokey Roasted Eggplant Dip with Tahini
- Marinated tomatoes over Seasoned Greek Yogurt
- The Best Ever Vegan Turkish Kisir Salad (vegan)
Without further ado, let’s make epic Chicken Shawarma Collard Wraps.
- 1 lb cooked shawarma chicken
- 6-7 medium-sized collard leaves stems removed and blanched
- 1 cucumber skins and seeds removed, small dice
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes small dice
- ½ cup thin-sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula (optional)
DILL TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp packed, chopped dill
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper or to taste
- 1 lime
MAKE THE TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING
- In a mixing bowl, add the juice of the lime, yogurt, tahini, all the spices, salt and pepper, chopped dill and mix well. Set aside.
- Blanch the collard leaves
- Cut off the thick stems of each leaf. Place a skillet with about 2 inches of water over a simmer. Add the collard leaves one at a time. Once pliable (about 2-3 minutes), transfer each leave to a plate lined with a paper towel to help dry them off. Now let’s put it all together.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Lay your leave flat with the veins pointing inwards. Smear the yogurt tahini down as the first layer. Next, add the chicken, then add all of your desired vegetables, and an extra drizzle of the dill yogurt tahini sauce (optional). Finally, roll the collard like a burrito.
- To serve, I like to slice the collard wrap down the middle to expose what’s inside.
- Enjoy Immediately.