The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Creamy Zucchini Yogurt is made with sautéed zucchini, mint, and the perfect amount of garlic. Serve it alongside any of your favorite Mediterranean meals.
This yogurt costs around $2.17 to make four servings. The price per serving is about $0.54.
This yogurt is beyond delicious. It is the perfect side dish for meats and veggies with the right amounts of garlic, zucchini, and mint. This yogurt is flavorful and creamy and comes together in just a few minutes.
Garlicky Zucchini Yogurt Ingredients
Nevertheless, here are the main ingredients you will need. This does not include garnishes, salt, and pepper.
|Olive Oil||Always use a great quality cold-pressed olive oil—none of that processed light olive oil business.|
|Shredded Zucchini||Leave the skin on and shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. You will need one cup (that’s about one medium-size zucchini).|
|Mint||You may use fresh mint or dried mint. I usually use dried mint since I always have some in my pantry.|
|Garlic||Feel free to use fresh garlic or garlic powder. Again, whatever you have on hand.|
|Lemon||The lemon will help add a pucker and the perfect amount of freshness. If you want a nice lemon flavor, add the zest of the lemon.|
|Yogurt||My favorite yogurt that I always use is whole milk plain. If you use zero fat, it will not be as creamy.|
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – $0.28
- 1 cup shredded zucchini – $0.73
- 1 clove garlic – $0.05
- 10 mint leaves – $0.35
- 1 teaspoon sea salt – $0.04
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper – $0.02
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt – $0.70
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Zucchini Yogurt
- First, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add the olive oil, zucchini, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper and saute until the zucchini has softened.
- Place the mixture in a mixing bowl and stir in the yogurt, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
How to Serve Garlicky Zucchini Yogurt
Serve the zucchini yogurt as a side dish. However, there are endless ways to enjoy it.
- Dollop on top of gyros.
- Smear it on sandwiches.
- Eat it with a big bowl of buttery rice or quinoa.
- Dip thick pita wedges into it.
I am so excited for you to try this recipe! ♡
By the way, this time around, I made juicy chicken meatballs as the dipping vehicles. These were quite fun to eat.
Serve: You keep the yogurt out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Store: Store in an air-tight container for up to three days.
Freeze: This recipe does not freeze well, so I do not recommend freezing it.
More Mediterranean Recipes You Will Love
- Roasted Dill Potatoes with Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Lahmacun Recipe (Baked!)
- Smokey Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
- Easy Hummus Recipe
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini skin on (about one medium zucchini)
- 1 clove of garlic minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 mint leaves finely chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp sea salt divided*
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 cup yogurt whole milk
- A squeeze of lemon juice optional
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, drizzle in the olive, add the zucchini, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper. Sautee until the zucchini has softened and has become translucent.
- When ready, transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Next, add the yogurt, lemon juice (if using), and the other half of sea salt. Give a generous mix.
- Enjoy right away or chill until ready to serve.
- Sea salt: half the sea salt will go in with the zucchini while sauteeing and the other half will be added after combining the zucchini and yogurt together.
- How long does this zucchini yogurt last? Store in an air-tight container for up to three days.