The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Savory rosemary yogurt-biscuit-muffins that are undeniably fragrant Moist. Eat them for breakfast or as a tasty snack.
How do you make muffins moist from scratch?
The secret to moist muffins is adding moist ingredients: like yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, milk or even apple sauce. In this recipe, yogurt is the secret ingredient to making these Rosemary Yogurt Biscuits Muffins tender and soft.
What makes a good muffin?
1.) DO NOT over mix.
2.) Fold gently.
3.) Mix in your add-ins right before mixing to prevent over-mixing.
4.) Bake at a low temperature–somewhere around 350°F.
What is the difference between a cupcake and a muffin?
Simple—cupcakes have toppings and muffins do not.
Do muffins need baking powder or baking soda?
Absolutely, without baking powder or baking soda, the muffins become “uncooked” or mushy and doughy. Yuck!
Baking Powder—is a mixture of sodium bicarbonate and other additional acids, usually cream of tartar and/or sodium aluminum sulfate.
When baking with baking powder, it allows the release of carbon dioxide gas from the moister of a formula. Double-acting baking powder releases even more gas when heat is applied.
Baking Soda–an alkaline compound that assists in releasing carbon dioxide gases when combined with other acids and moisture.
Some recipes call for both, some simply use one or the other.
- 1 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour Make sure not to dump your measuring cup into the bag of flour. Carefully spoon the flour into your measuring cup–otherwise, you will pack way too much flour.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp kosher salt Add half the amount if using iodized salt. Course salt tends to be less salty.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp melted butter that has cooled
- extra butter to grease muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, corn starch, and rosemary into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, and cooled melted butter in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula. DO NOT overmix.
- Fill the greased muffin tin's indentations about two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350°F until puffed and browned about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for fifteen minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Leave A Reply!