Soft and elegant Sweet Potato Cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. Perfect as a sweet snack or grab-and-go breakfast treat.
What I love about these sweet potato cookies: the sweet potato gives not only sweetness but a moist, rich flavor and texture. They bake up in fifteen minutes. Finally, it’s nice to have a modern flavored chocolate chip cookie on the block.
I am going to be honest with you. My twin girls ( who are 6 years old) despise sweet potatoes. Shocking! I know. What are they thinking!? It’s sweet for goodness sake!
They gave me a funny face while making these cookies. Silly girls. 👯♀️
However, once they were all baked up, Leyla was the eager one to taste them ( she is a dedicated sweets taste tester ). Behold, she took her first bite—and on the second bite, there wasn’t one. More like she through the whole entire cookie into her mouth along with a giggle. Love them.
How To Cook Sweet Potato
- Pierce all over the outer skin of the sweet potato with a fork. Add the sweet potato to a microwave-safe bowl along with a cup of water.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. Flip the potato and continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Instant Pot method
- Pierce all over the outer skin of the sweet potato with a fork. Add one cup of water to the instant pot.
- Place the steamer rack on the bottom. Add the sweet potato. Place the lid on a set the time for 10 minutes. Release the steam and pierce with a fork to ensure its softness.
- Pierce all over the outer skin of the sweet potato with a fork. Wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake for 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
Once you have your cooked sweet potato, scoop out the flesh, discard the skin, and add it to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy—drizzling pure maple syrup as its processing.
Variations For Sweet Potato Cookies
I kept this recipe as simple as possible. If you wanted to change things up, feel free to add one of these ingredients.
- Dried fruit like raisins, apricots, or apples.
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
- Nuts like walnuts, pecans, or chopped cashews.
- Spices like cinnamon, ginger, or turmeric.
More Delicious Recipes
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Truffles Recipe (vegan)
- Chocolate Truffle Recipe with Coconut and Pecans
- Healthy Banana Nut Cookies Skinnytaste
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡Print