The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Instant Pot Turkish White Bean Stew cooked with satisfying cannellini beans cooked with spicy Turkish sausage, aromatic oregano, and the perfect amount of garlic.
It can’t get any better than this. Wait… Yes, it can! This epic kuru fasulye was made fast, with love (like always), again, using the instant pot. It still has that slow-cooked taste. Your welcome! 🙂
Let me just say that I have made this dish many, many times. It’s the best-ever-crowed-pleasing dish. It feeds many. Leftovers are great and one could make it vegan by simply omitting the sausage.
Ingredients You Will Need to Make Turkish White Bean Stew:
Cannellini beans — I prefer soaking my own beans overnight. Buying dry beans are also more economical. You could absolutely use dried garbanzo beans instead, if you have that as well.
Turkish sausage (sucuk) — will add spice, and is the backbone to building optimal flavor.
Red pepper paste — will add a deep red color, sweetness, and flavor.
Oregano — will be the herb of choice. Adding dried mint will also be another great addition (if desired).
Olive Oil — rich and buttery, use a good quality olive oil. it will add a smooth, silky finish and add more fat to the dish because fat is flavor!
Onion — who doesn’t love the allium family?
Garlic — will help to build more layers of aromatics and flavor as well.
salt and pepper
I like to cook the sausage in with the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent and the meat gets nice and crispy ( just a lil’ bit).
I used water in this recipe, but feel free to use any low-sodium broth of choice.
when doing so, make sure to cut the recommended salt given in the recipe card in half. In other words, instead of adding 1 tsp of kosher salt, add 1/2 tsp.
You May Also Like:
Let’s make warm and cozy Instant Pot Turkish White Bean Stew!
- 6 cups dried beans that were soaked overnight about 3/4 of a 16 oz bag of dried beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup small dice spicy turkish sausage about 4 oz
- ¾ cup red onion small dice (about 1 small onion)
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp heaping of red pepper paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt reduce to 1/2 tsp if using low-sodium broth
- 4 cups of water or low-sodium broth of choice
- Presoak the dried beans overnight. Set aside.
- Push the saute button on your instant pot. Add the olive oil, onions, garlic, Turkish sausage, salt, and pepper into the pot. Cook until the onions have softened and the sausage gets a little crispy.
- Next, add the red pepper paste, and oregano to the onion and sausage mixture. Cook for about 30 seconds or so to fry the paste. The oil and everything in it will turn a deep red color at this point.
- When ready, add in the white beans, water (or low-sodium broth), and put the lid on. Turn off the saute button and set the instant pot to the soup/stew button or cook for 30-minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the steam release valve to release the build-up steam. Open the pot and generously ladle the desired amount of this bomb AF stew into your favorite bowl.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and red pepper flakes.