The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is fast, delicious, and ready in just 20 minutes! It’s a healthy vegan and gluten-free side dish that pairs perfectly with any main dish.
This recipe costs about $2.58 to make. It yields six serving for just $0.43 per serving.
Cooking with the Instant Pot is a hands-free way to get dinner on the table quickly. For more fabulous Instant Pot recipes, try my Instant Pot Turkish White Bean Soup and this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash.
Spaghetti squash is a noodle-y veggie that is a healthy option for replacing your spaghetti noodles. However, baking spaghetti squash in the oven takes a while, and sometimes we need dinner on the table fast!
Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to enjoy this vegetable in less time than the traditional oven-baked method. It is a fool-proof method that produces delicious results.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
- (1) 2 pound spaghetti squash – $2.58
- 1 cup water – $0.00
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In Instant Pot
- First, wash and dry the squash and then cut it in half. Scoop out the seeds.
- Next, using a knife, pierce the skin all around.
- Then, add one cup of water to the Instant Pot. Set a steamer rack on the bottom followed by the squash, skin side down.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for ten minutes. Release the steam after cooking.
- Finally, fluff the strands with a fork and serve.
Storage & Reheating Tips
SERVE: You can keep the Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
FREEZE: Once cooled, place the squash in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for 2-3 months.
DEFROST: Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
REHEAT: Place the squash strands on a microwave-safe plate and reheat in 30-second intervals until heated through.
Squashes are fleshy fruits that belong to the gourd family. Spaghetti squash is a winter squash that has hard skin (shells). The outer skin is rarely eaten. However, once baked, steamed, or sautéed, spaghetti squash can be enjoyed as a side dish or, more importantly, as an excellent gluten-free spaghetti alternative.
You need to always pierce the outer skin with a knife before placing it into the instant pot.
One to two pounds set the timer for eight minutes.
Two to three pounds set the Instant Pot for ten minutes. If it’s larger than three pounds, set the timer for twenty minutes —if it can fit!
When you bake spaghetti squash in the oven, it is easy to overbake it if it is cooked for too long. However, when you cook it in the Instant Pot, it will be perfectly cooked every time!
When spaghetti squash is fresh, it will be pale yellow and firm. If it has dark yellow, brown, or soft spots, it is not fresh and should not be used.
First, you want to use a large Chef’s knife when cutting a spaghetti squash to ensure it will cut through its rind. Next, place it over a towel to ensure it doesn’t roll around while you cut into it. Then, slice it in half (vertically or horizontally) with a large, sharp knife.
More Dinner Recipes
- Ginger Chicken Skewers
- Best Picadillo Recipe
- Pollo Asado
- Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Greek Chicken with Lemon and Feta
- Creamy Tomato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- Nourishing Herby Farro Soup
- Thai Red Curry
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 2 pound spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper optional
- Wash and dry the squash. Cut it in half. It helps to lay a towel on a flat surface to prevent it from slipping around while cutting.
- Pierce the skin all around with a knife.
- Next, add one cup of water to the instant pot. Place a steamer rack on the bottom. Add the squash skin side down. Cook for ten minutes.
- Finally, release the steam.
- Fluff the strands with a fork and enjoy while hot.