The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Blistered shishito peppers covered in a lemongrass relish. It’s effortlessly made in one pan. Grab a pepper and pluck the stems right off with a big bite! They are divinely finger-licking-good.
What do shishito peppers taste like?
Shishito peppers taste like bell peppers. They are crunchy when eaten raw, and softened when cooked. They contain many small jalapeno-like seeds close to the stem. The seeds are completely edible. Shidhitos overall, are mild in terms of spiciness.
I think these peppers would be great in an omelet, topped ontop of tacos (raw or cooked), or soups. They are very versatile.
Do you refrigerate shishito peppers?
Yes, and I highly recommend it in order for them to stay fresher longer. To optimize shelf life, all fresh produce should be refrigerated.
What’s in Blistered Shishito Pepper with lemongrass relish?
That’s a good question. You will need whole food ingredients such as these:
Avocado or olive oil
Pure maple syrup or agave.
Simple enough. If you are unable to find fresh lemongrass stalk, feel free to use the paste. Don’t have pure maple syrup? Use agave nectar instead. I would not recommend using honey. Don’t like cilantro? Use parsley.
What to serve with Shishito peppers?
Serve alongside buttery rice, fluffy quinoa, eat them on their own, or as an appetizer.
You May Also Like
Smokey Roasted Eggplant Dip with Tahini
Best Cucumber Kimchi Recipe (Oi Kimchi)
Best Ever Pico De Gallo (no cilantro) with tips!
let’s make finger-licking Blistered Shishito Peppers with lemongrass relish!
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided see notes
- 1 lb. shishito peppers
- ¾ cup small diced red onion about 1 small onion
- 3- inch piece of fresh lemongrass stalk thin-sliced or 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce alcohol-free
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Wash and dry the peppers well. When ready, transfer the them to a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and toss until each one is generously coated.
- When ready, heat a large skillet or cast-iron pan, over medium heat. Add the oiled and salted shishito peppers to the pan and cook until blistered ( about 2-3 minutes).
- When ready, remove the peppers from the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Add in the leftover tablespoon of olive oil, lemongrass, diced red onion, ginger, garlic, and sauté until the onions have softened.
- When the onions have softened, add the soy sauce, vinegar, and pure maple syrup. Sauté for about 30 seconds and you are done!
- Top the shishito peppers with the lemongrass relish, fresh chopped cilantro, and consume while hot.
- Enjoy with loved ones.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Leave A Reply!