The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Mediterranean marinated tomatoes are juicy and marinated in tangy yet sweet pomegranate molasses, fresh basil, and garlic. They are perfectly delightful on their own or as a side dish.
You can enjoy this entire dish for about $2.07. It makes four servings for about $1.04 per serving.
These Marinated Tomatoes are delicious when served over this Seasoned Greek Yogurt (pictured below).
I like to top these red diamonds over a bed of seasoned greek yogurt or a crusty piece of bread. However it may be, you will find a way to enjoy them.
These Marinated Tomatoes are a quick salad or side dish that are effortless to make with a few simple ingredients. The tomato flavor is enhanced by a simple marinade of olive oil and pomegranate molasses with fresh herbs.
Marinated Cherry Tomatoes are the perfect low-maintenance summer dish you didn’t know you were missing! You can easily double, triple, quadruple, etc this recipe to feed a crowd.
Ingredients you will need
Tomatoes—of course. I like to use grape or cherry tomatoes because they are a bit sweeter.
Olive oil—a nice buttery high-quality olive oil because it will be a part of the flavor component of this recipe.
Pomegranate molasses—adds sweetness and the perfect tang.
Garlic—will be the spice of choice.
Basil—because basil and tomatoes are best friends.
salt and pepper.
Also, If you cannot find basil, I think fresh dill would be a great substitution for this recipe.
Lastly, I like to add everything into the bowl and gently toss for a good minute or so to ensure those ingredients are working to their full potential.
Now that’s flavor-town!
5 ways to enjoy mediterranean marinated tomatoes.
- Serve with a chunky piece of crumbly feta cheese.
- Pair with fried halloumi cheese.
- Eat them on their own with rustic bread.
- Pour over a bed of greek yogurt.
- Enjoy with burrata cheese.
Ingredients and Cost
RECIPE COST: $2.07
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.04
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – $1.44
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate molasses – $0.30
- 1 clove of garlic – $0.05
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil – $0.14
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley – $0.14
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, toss all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl until the tomatoes are coated in the marinade.
- Then, let it sit for five minutes before serving.
Serve: Let the tomatoes sit in the marinade for five minutes before serving.
Store: To store, cover with plastic wrap or a lid and place into the fridge for up to two days.
Freeze: This recipe does not freeze and defrost well so I do not recommend freezing it.
Store your tomatoes on the counter at room temperature until they are ripe. Once they are ripe, after a day or two, they should be kept in the refrigerator.
A few of my favorite recommendations include the following recipes:
Savory Heirloom Tomato Galette
Pico de Gallo
Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables
Creamy Tomato and Carrot Soup with Ginger
- Easy Caprese Salad
- Picnic Gluten-Free Pasta Salad with Artichoke
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- Creamy Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- Quinoa Kisir Salad
- Brussel Sprout Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 clove of garlic divided in half (see notes)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and give everything a toss until each tomato is coated in all the marinade.
- Allow sitting for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- To store, cover with plastic wrap or a lid and place into the fridge for up to two days.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Comments & Reviews
Lima Ekram says
Looks absolutely delicious! I cant wait to try it!
I love marinated tomatoes and I love Mediterranean flavors. I must try this ASAP!
These tomatoes sound so delicious and packed with so much flavor! So excited to make this dish! My hubby is going to love this!
The marinated tomatoes look amazing! They will be great on top of bread for a simple summer appetizer.
Yum! Such a wonderful way to use fresh summer tomatoes. Sounds absolutely incredible with the addition of the pomegranate molasses.