The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This is the best Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe. It is incredibly moist, completely gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar.
This Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe makes one loaf which serves eight and costs about $13.37 to make. That’s just $1.67 per slice. Not bad for a gourmet slice of gluten-free pumpkin bread!
Try these Gluten-Free Waffles and these Overnight Oat Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes for more Dairy-Free Recipes.
You are going to love this Paleo Pumpkin Bread. It’s incredibly moist and gives real fall vibes. Furthermore, it’s completely gluten-free, made with almond flour, and sweetened with sticky maple syrup and smokey coconut sugar. Yay for the fall season!
This bread is perfectly spiced with all the Fall flavors and it smells Heavenly! We know pumpkin is an Autumn staple but a lot of pumpkin bread is loaded with sugars so I knew it was time for a healthier version.
This gluten-free and dairy-free option is healthy and tasty. It is moist and fluffy without being mushy. You will find yourself eating it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, as a snack, and even dessert. Whenever you enjoy it, you cannot go wrong!
This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread is the best because you can:
- Eat it for breakfast.
- Enjoy a slice for dessert.
- Pack it for lunch or school.
- Smear nut butter on it.
- Spread apple butter on it (now that’s giving me some ideas!)
- Hog it all to yourself!
Ingredients and Cost
RECIPE COST: $13.37
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.67
- 3 large eggs – $0.30
- 1 cup pumpkin puree – $0.50
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup – $3.30
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar – $2.54
- 3 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil – $0.53
- 2 ¼ cups blanched almond flour – $4.32
- 1 teaspoon baking soda – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – $0.15
- 2 teaspoons vanilla – $0.62
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon – $0.06
- ½ teaspoons allspice – $0.12
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper – $0.05
- ⅓ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds – $0.86
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, mix the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Finally, bake for fifty minutes and then allow it to cool for at least two hours before serving.
SERVE: I like to enjoy a slice of paleo pumpkin bread at room temperature with nothing else on it. The pumpkin seeds add a nice crunch and salty flavor.
STORE: I like to store my bread in the loaf pan, covered, and placed in the fridge. Whenever I get a craving, I remove the pan from the fridge and take out a slice or two. The bread will keep covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZE: Wrap the bread in two layers of plastic wrap and foil and then place it in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. Stored this way, the bread will keep for 2-3 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the bread in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 4-5 hours.
If you fill the loaf pan to the top with batter, the top will rise high but collapse as soon as it cools. There are also other reasons why your pumpkin bread didn’t rise.
Are you using expired leavening agents like baking powder or baking soda? Know that fresh is best. Finally, we are using almond flour in place of regular white flour. Don’t expect this recipe to rise very much.
Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins with Orange
- Creamy Pumpkin Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Cake Balls
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail!
Have your baking tools on deck. It’s helpful to have a whisk to help incorporate the wet ingredients better. A spatula to scrape out as much of the batter into your pan and parchment paper to help release the cake from the pan. Simple enough.
Separate the wet from the dry ingredients. Always start with two large bowls. Again, one for the wet ingredients and one for the dry ingredients. Always add the dry ingredients to the wet a little at a time, folding and mixing until finished.
Alrighty then. Let’s get to baking!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 2 ¼ cup blanched almond flour packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper this is my special ingredient
- ⅓ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds salted or unsalted to top the paleo pumpkin bread with
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325 ° F.
PREPARE WET INGREDIENTS:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, whisk well to break the yolks.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla into the bowl. With your whisk, mix well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Then, drizzle in the melted coconut oil while stirring. When ready, set aside.
PREPARE DRY INGREDIENTS:
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the blanched almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and pepper. Whisk to incorporate. Now we will put it all together.
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. I like to ditch the whisk and use a spatula at this point. Mix and fold until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Finally, allow the pumpkin bread to cool for a MINIMUM of two hours before enjoying, otherwise, it will fall apart.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Comments & Reviews
This looks super moist and delicious – a perfect treat for this time of year.
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. I love that the ingredients used are so wholesome. Will be trying it out soon.
This is such a tasty bread! The spices in this are perfect. Perfect with my morning cup of coffee!
Amazing how old favorites can turn into paleo or low-carb options. Gonna give a try and pass the recipe to my sister too 🙂
Maria San Juan says
Pumpkin! I love this idea! I am so excited to try this with my family! Thank you very much for sharing!