My Favorite Almond Flour Pancakes are gluten-free and easy-to-make! Perfect for the weekend mornings.
There are two very good reasons why I love making these almond flour pancakes. One, they are gluten-free. Two, I use almond extract—which gives these pancakes a really nice almond flavor.
Furthermore, this recipe works with add-ins such as blueberries, chocolate chips, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Ingredients You Will Need
The ingredients listed are in no particular order.
|Almond Flour||Make sure to use blanched almond flour for this recipe.|
|Corn Starch||Almond flour does not absorb liquid well. Corn starch is there to soak up any liquid that the almond flour can’t.|
|Eggs||Will help bind the pancakes since there is no gluten.|
|Milk||Feel free to use your favorite milk of choice. Almond milk would be quite ideal, wouldn’t ya say!?|
|Maple Syrup||Pure maple syrup will add that additional all-natural sweetness we crave in pancakes. It will go in the batter and on top.|
|Almond Extract||Using almond extract instead of vanilla is completely necessary for this recipe. It adds a really nice almond flavor.|
|Other Essential Ingredients||Baking powder, to help them rice and fluff-up. Kosher salt to balance out the sweetness.|
How To Make Pancakes With Almond Flour
I am so excited to share with you how easy these healthy pancakes are to make!
- First, in a large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients together and whisk until homogenized liquid forms. Set the bowl aside.
- When ready, in a separate mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add the dry ingredients with the wet. Fold and mix to combine. Do not be afraid to over-mix, there is no gluten in here. Set the batter aside on the countertop for 10 minutes to rest.
- Finally, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. I find that almond flour pancakes do not thrive on high-heat.
- Grease the pan, then add about 1/3 cup of batter. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is nicely golden brown.
- Flip and continue to cook for an additional minute.
Repeat the process until all pancakes have been made.
- Make sure to separate your wet ingredients from the dry ingredients.
- Use a cast-iron pan to create those crispy edges.
- Grease your cast-iron pan well with butter, coconut oil, or grease of choice.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. This will help soften the almond flour and thicken the batter.
- Make sure to cook these pancakes on medium-low heat. Wipe out the pan after each cooked pancake if cooking one-by-one or after each batch.
More Delicious Recipes Using Almond Flour
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Truffle Recipe with Coconut and Pecans
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins with Orange
- Almond Flour Muffins (Protein-Packed!) Detoxinista
Read the recipe from start to finish. You will better understand the flow of the recipe and identify any unfamiliar words or methods.
Shop for the ingredients beforehand. When you shop ahead, you are less likely to swap out ingredients for what you don’t have, thus creating a complete recipe fail!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡Print