The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Making Galette dough can be amazingly easy without compromising flavor or texture. It’s as easy as, throwing all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulsing until a ball of luscious dough forms. Excited yet?
Tips for making the best and EASIEST galette dough every time.
1.) Make sure that the butter is really cold.
2.) Cut the butter into cubes to help the food processor distribute the butter more evenly.
I like to add nuts into my galette crusts because it adds more flavor and texture. Cashews, pecans, slivered almonds, walnuts, and pistachios would all be great choices.
More tips for creating the easiest galette dough.
Process all of the ingredients before adding the cold water to ensure even distribution.
Use ice-cold water. This will help the butter to stay cold—which is key for having a flakey crust.
Process until a luscious ball of dough forms into the food processor.
When ready, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes or so. This helps to re-chill the butter—which is. essential for a flakey crust, and allows the dough to rest.
Dust a flat surface with flour, roll out the dough, and fill the canter with any fruit topping. Don’t forget to precook your fruit with cornstarch to prevent a soggy crust.
Recipe adapted from my Plum Galette.
- ½ cup pecans optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting and rolling
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ stick of butter 4 tbsp, cold, unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 3 –4 tbsp ice-cold water
- Add all of the ingredients: pecans, flour, kosher salt, sugar, cold butter, and pulse until the pecans are crushed into smaller pieces.
- Add the ice-cold water to the processor 1 tbsp at a time while processing on low. Process until a large ball of dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Now you can use this dough with any of your sweet galette recipes.
- When you are ready to bake this dough, simply preheat your oven to 375°F and bake for 25-30 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @PoshPlateRecipes on Instagram for more!
Comments & Reviews
Lydia Esmer says
Ashley, how long do you bake the dough and at what temperature?Also how many ups of fruit will this recipe hold well?
When ready to bake, simply preheat your oven to 375°F and bake for about 25-30 minutes. You can use about 1 pound of fruit in the center. I hope this is helpful!