You are going to love this low-carb Asian-inspired Cauliflower Fried Rice with fresh chopped cilantro! Additionally, it’s seasoned with ginger, garlic, and a fluffy fried egg.
I’m drooling over here!
Cauliflower rice can be achieved in a few different ways.
- One, you can cut the cauliflower into fourths, then grate it along a box cheese grater.
- Two, the florets can be thrown down the pipe of your food processor with the grater blade on.
- Lastly, it can be store-bought located in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Now, let’s talk about the ingredients you will need.
Ingredients You Will Need to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower rice — I prefer frozen cauliflower over fresh. That is what you need for this recipe. I find that the frozen version is more uniform in shape and mocks the size of rice better.
Eggs — will add protein. Are you vegan? Feel free to add crumbled firm tofu seasoned with salt, pepper, and turmeric instead.
Onion — feel free to use red, yellow, white, or green onion.
sesame oil — there is no substitution. Sesame oil is going to add a nice nutty flavor. Do not skip this flavorful ingredient.
Soy sauce — use your favorite soy sauce brand. Coconut aminos is a great choice. Without a doubt, I used alcohol-free Kikkoman’s soy sauce.
Peas and carrots — will add natural sweetness and a slight crunch.
Cilantro —pairs perfectly and will add freshness.
And other essential ingredients like olive oil, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
By the way, would you eat this bowl of cauliflower fried rice with a fork, a spoon, or with chopsticks?
More Healthy Recipes
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Red Rice
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Petite Peas & Yellow Squash
- Creamy Cannellini Pumpkin Soup with Spinach (vegan)
- Spicy Quinoa Stuffed Rainbow Mini Peppers
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below and an honest rating. ♡
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided *
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¾ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 dashes of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 oz 3 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 Lime
- Jalapeno slices
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in the olive oil. Next, add in the whisked eggs and fry until a soft scramble. When ready, place the scrambled eggs on a plate and set aside.
- Next, in the same pan over medium-high heat, add another tbsp or so of olive oil. Then, add the onion, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Fry until the onions have softened and the edges have browned. Then add the soy sauce to deglaze the pan. Mix and stir.
- When ready, add the peas, carrots, and cauliflower. Now that the pan is crowded. Stir-fry all of the vegetables on high heat. This will prevent a wet and steamed consistency. Cook for 4-5 minutes, frying and mixing back and forth with your handy spatula. Do not abandon your pan. Keep stir-frying.
- Finally, add in the scrambled egg, and freshly chopped cilantro. Stir-fry to combine. Taste to just the seasonings, adding additional salt if needed.
- Squeeze lime all over the pan (optional).
- Enjoy while it’s hot.